Pages

June 22, 2011

Grandma is coming to town...

My mother in law is coming to town in less then a month!  She lives in New York which means we typically only see her once a year.  We are all very excited to see her, but this means I must start {ahem finish} a ton of projects so my house is visitor ready.  

Right now our living room and hallway is a concrete slab.  I plan on painting / staining the floors before she arrives. 

Concrete floor to be stained

I have these two wieners to thank for ruining my carpet.

Wiener Dogs

My pantry has been looking a hot mess ever since the hinge broke and the door fell off.  Every time I am at Lowe’s I forget to look for the hinges.

Broke pantry hinge

We installed an above ground pool so our backyard is a disaster while we edge the pool with rock and build a deck.  My husband {on the right} and his brother seem to have a problem getting much accomplished when it is 100 degrees and the pool keeps calling their name.  We’ve got the posts installed, now we’ve just got to finish the deck.

Deck Around Above Ground Pool

Last fall I painted my living room Mega Greige by Sherwin Williams.  I am not loving the color and want to repaint my walls to a truer gray color.  This picture looks very gray but most of the day my walls look beige. 

Sherwin Williams Mega Greige

For now this is plenty.  If time permits I am sure I can come up with some other things to do before she gets here. 

I’m off to paint now...I think I have found a color I can live with for a few months!

1 comments:

Meg O. said...

I love stained concrete! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Post a Comment

My day gets a little bit better when I hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...