Pages

July 23, 2010

Yard Sale Finds and Tropical Storms

A post about yard sale finds and tropical storms is an odd combination of topics BUT that is what I am thinking about, so I therefore must blog about them both......the good and the bad....

THE GOOD:  YARD SALE FINDS

Today I was looking on Craigslist and saw a C-H-E-A-P-O dresser and table I wanted to check out, come to find out they were located at a yard sale on the same street I live on just around the corner!!


The dresser ended up being cheap in a bad way not a good way, but don't fret because I came out with some great stuff.  This was my first time to go to a yard sale so I am pretty happy about finding something I think is pretty cool!

Look at this G-I-N-O-R-M-O-U-S frame!!!!!  You can bet a pretty penny that I will be painting the monster of a frame {which is 57" x 33"}, but I am not 100% sure what color or where I will put it.  We are planning a bedroom redesign for my girls and I am thinking this would make a great pin board with fabric hanging over my idea of a desk big enough for both of them to do homework!


Photobucket

A closer look

Photobucket

I was going to run to Lowe's this afternoon to pick up some primer for plastic {for another project I am working on}, but that trip has been canceled because there was some at the yard sale and it only cost me $.25 woo hoo!!  I picked up some other spray paint just to have on hand because you can never have too much spray paint especially when it is that CHEAP!

Photobucket


THE BAD:  TROPICAL STORMS

Earlier this year we bought a boat.  Let me introduce you to my husbands new love of his life.....

Photobucket


The boat is a classic {it is older then me}. I was born in 79 and the boat is a 78 model.  We bought it from the original owner who stored it in covered dry storage and who had never taken the boat in salt water since he used it only a few times on a lake in Georgia.  The hull has the original gel coat from 1978 and you can still vividly see your reflection!!

It's the kind of boat that when we are at the boat launch all the other guys launching boats {even those with much newer and bigger boats} come to our boat to ooooo and aaahhhh and ask us all about the boat.


Photobucket


We bought the boat this March and took it out a few times, we soon realized the motor leaked oil and after many attempts to fix the problem {yes we look like rednecks with the engine hanging from a tree...please stop laughing} we decided to buy a new motor and new exhaust.

Photobucket
 


Now here we are almost 5 months later, finally with a new motor/exhaust, we have planned our FIRST boating day on our awesome boat with friends this Sunday {my husbands only day off} and what would you know......A TROPICAL STORM IS COMING OUR WAY THIS SUNDAY, UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

Photobucket


There you have it... both the good and bad of my day.

UPDATE.....since the drafting of this post earlier today, the estimated time of landfall for this storm is going to happen sooner then what they thought! This means that I just may be able to enjoy a day out on the boat!!

Photobucket


2 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Being a blood courier in southwest Louisiana, I have little fondness for hurricanes and tropical storms either!

I tend to be out on roads that are suicidal as I deliver rare blood to patients in need.

Have a good weekend anyway, Roland

Meg O. said...

Love that frame!!!! WOW! And, I totally feel your pain about the tropical storm/hurricane warnings/evacuation/drama. I especially love that term "HUNKER DOWN"! I'm in Houston, and we experienced Ike only two years ago so this 'active hurricane season' is not fun already!!!

Post a Comment

My day gets a little bit better when I hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...