Pages

October 27, 2010

Clean Stainless Steel Appliances - Cheap and Easy

A few months ago we decided to replace our white kitchen appliances with stainless steel.  Within one hour I missed my white appliances.  Sure the stainless looks FAB, but OH MY GAH.......what a pain to keep clean with 4 kids running around. 

If you don’t believe me check out my dishwasher for yourself.

DSC_1623

Yuck, gross, disgusting.  I don’t see any fingerprints, but look at all the streaks from water splashing while loading the dishwasher, UGH. 

I had no luck with the cleaners for stainless appliances so I “googled” my problem and found many tips on ways to clean stainless so after a few rounds of eeny, meeny, miny, moe I chose one and gave it a try.  Look at how beautiful my dishwasher is now!!!!  {This isn’t the best picture quality considering my shadow goes down the entire front, but you can get the idea.} 

DSC_1632 

I used two products to get this result:

rubbingalcohol

and

mineral20oil

EASY PEASY!!!!

Step One:  Using a microfiber cloth clean your appliances with the rubbing alcohol {rub in the direction of the grain}.  This will remove all fingerprints and grime.  Make sure the appliances are dry before moving on to the next step.

Step Two:  With a new microfiber cloth apply a thin coat of mineral oil to your appliances.  I applied the oil all over and wiped off any excess.

I folded the mineral oil cloth and put it in a Ziploc bag.  Now when my appliances need a little touch up I just reach in the bag and use the rag!

3 comments:

'BOTB said...

Life saver! Our dishwasher is a mess and it's quite depressing. I tried using white vinegar and it terrified my husband who was convinced I would ruin it. I'll have to wait until he's out of the house to try this one.. :)

Darlene said...

That made a world of difference. We were thinking about going with stainless but I have heard so much that I may end up staying with white.

ashley @ little miss momma said...

Great tip! I just ran out of my expensive stainless steel cleaner, so this is perfect timing. You ROCK!

ashley
www.littlemissmomma.com

Post a Comment

My day gets a little bit better when I hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...