Pages

June 16, 2010

An Architect In The Making

As I mentioned in my last post, the boys are both special needs children.  Dominick a.k.a. "The Dominator", has global delays and autistic tendencies.  The neurologist has said he does not have autism, but I am not so convinced he is correct.  The autistic tendencies cause him to be just a "little different" from other children.  He plays differently from other kids and when he finds something he likes he engrosses himself in the activities.  The latest activity he has taken a liking to is drawing roads, buildings, etc.  He does this every day and loves to raid my printer of all of its paper so he can draw maps and buildings.  He loves his small cars and loves to draw roads on pieces of paper for him to push his cars on.  He has a very vivid memory and will draw every little detail onto his maps!  Here he is drawing some roads for his trucks. 



In the drawing above he has drawn the road here in town that has a store named "Johnny's RV" on it.  He is somewhat obsessed with RV's and loves that store.

Just recently Dominick has started saying he wants a tree house for his 8th birthday (in April)...at least he gives us time to prepare for one ha ha.  The other day he he was drawing as usual and brought me a piece of paper and informed me very sternly that I better not loose his "blueprint for his tree house".  It was so cute, I had to share with everyone.


He even included the dimensions so we could build it to the size he wants his tree house to be.  Based on his blueprint I think we will be building more of a playhouse type building because I dont' think we can include stepping stones leading up to the front door of a tree house!  You never know we may have an architect or road designer growing before our eyes!!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

It looks like a GREAT drawing for the tree house. Maybe he means for the stepping stones to lead to the ladder to the playhouse. I have heard that many special needs children have exceptional abilities in one area....his definitely may end up to be drawing :)

Hope you are having a great day.♥

Georgia Girl said...

Looks like he knows what he wants and now he is letting you all have plenrty of time to complete his tree house. Geat drawing!

Darlene said...

I had to laugh at your comment. First off thanks for the kind words about Lexi and guess what, since you are a new bloggy friend you probably don't know this.....ready????? Lexi has a perm in her hair. It is normally straight as can be. She wanted something different and when her dance recital was coming up, I normally spend hours curling her hair so we decided to perm it. I LOVE curly hair and Lexi has enjoyed it too. It is SOOOO easy. I think it is funny because one of her friends that has naturally curly (BEAUTIFUL) hair thought Lexi lost her mind when she told her she was getting a perm. You know, if you have curly hair you want it straight and if you have straight hair you want it curly!!!!! To me besides trying to get it picked out (the tangles) it always looks cute, whereas with Lexi's hair straight, I am always on her to brush it because it looks straggly. Anyway, if your daughters' hair is curly I think she is a LUCKY duck!!!

Hope you are having a great Friday. YAY, the weekend is here.♥

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I'm so glad to have found your "New" blog. It looks great! What a great story, what are the odds, both having twin children. Looking forward to reading more. We have many drawings of tree houses. It's yet to be built.
We manage to do things on the small side. You'll get a laugh over my post about a pool I rigged up for our girls, I can't imagine what I would end up with if I tried a tree house : )
Take care,
Dana

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Those are so cute! And they are really good drawings actually. You've got some creative kids! Love it.

Post a Comment

My day gets a little bit better when I hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...