Pages

June 8, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

I am a mother and wife.  Those 2 little words (mother, wife) mean that I have some pretty amazing people in my life!  My life revolves around those amazing people so I thought it would be appropriate to give everyone a little background information.

I am glad you have stopped by.  My name is Michelle.

A few years ago I was a single mother to beautiful twin daughters, Bailey and Marissa.  These girls' personalities are as different as their looks.  Bailey (on the left) is quiet, shy and loves animals.  Marissa (on the right) is the spawn of me; she talks a lot, is outgoing and never meets a stranger.  They both are very sweet and wonderful, each in their own way! 


That is until I met the most wonderful man EVER, Alex.
What to hear something pretty cool??  He was a single father with twin boys, Dominick and Justin.


We fell in love and got married November 2009 (I know all of you are smart so I am sure you probably already figured that out based on our individual pictures).


We are your new age Brady Bunch family and are very blessed to have such an amazing family.  Many people have asked why we did not run when we found out that each other had twins.....but I say to those that ask, having twins was the one thing we had in common during our first conversation.  If it wouldn't had been for his New York accent that this southern girl just loves I may had run, but I got swept off my feet!.  

Now our life is not always easy.  The boys were born at 26 weeks.  This led to problems with both boys.  Dominick has global delays, autistic tendencies, slight sensory integration issues and slight (barely noticeable) cerebral palsy.  He is doing excellent though and is in regular classes at school with in class special education help.

Justin on the other hand was not so lucky.  The day he was born he had a severe brain hemorrhage that caused brain damage.  He is our precious angel.  He is non verbal, does not walk (he can scoot FAST) and is still in diapers.  He still has a feeding tube, but he does eat baby food and drink his milk from the can.  Due to his sensory issues he will only touch certain things with his lips so we have to keep the feeding tube to give medicine, etc.  He has CP, autism and sensory integration disorder.  I have been their mother (their biological mother is not involved at all) since they were about 3 years old.  These boys stole my heart and I am so blessed to have them in my life.  They have made me a better person and a better mother!

I am sure you will be seeing plenty of and about my AMAZING family in my blog, because like I said they are all the ones who make me who I am and they are the awesome ones that put up with the insanity of my Dibble Dabble Life!!

OH NO.....I almost forgot one more important thing in my life, well I actually did forget (I am updating this post a few days later).  We have the most wonderful, precious WIENER DOG that you will ever see in your life!  Her name is Zoe and she is MY doggy.  Now I never saw myself as one to have a wiener dog, but I have fallen in love.  I only hope that I do not become one of those crazy old dog ladies (kinda like the crazy old cat ladies), but if I do that is okay because I love my Zoe!! 

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Michelle,

It is wonderful to meet you and your family. That is so NEAT to have twins and meet a man with twins. You ARE like the Brady Bunch!!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

wow. this blog is incredibly lame. only 7 followers? alTHOUGH...it has huge potential. ur family is adorable and i love the modern day brady bunch you've created.

is your husband military or does he just like short hair? where are you located?

i think you may very well be one of my upcoming victims. thanks for stopping by my blog!

shinergirltx said...

Thanks for the comment and stopping by! I love your story, it's awesome and says a lot about you for not running! I have a Zoe(y) too, only my Zoey is a Whippet, but my Xena is a wiener dog! Your Zoe is beautiful, I love her color and her eyes. I've got you on my list to follow! Good luck blogging.

PS. I think we need to have a talk with Jess - calling us lame. I know we need help, but lame is kinda harsh. ;)

PS~Erin said...

Sounds like an amazing family you've created. Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Add one more thing to the list that we have in common!! I have TWO weenie dogs :)
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog!

Hannah
http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

My day gets a little bit better when I hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...